Saturday, August 25, 2007

Using Stock Scanners to Find Trending Stocks

Here is an update on this strategy's performance to date:


Here is this week's mega-trending stock that my stock scanner pulled up:



Before I go, I'd like to leave you with a quote from a book I just read called, "Trading in the Zone":

"Any expectation about the markets behaviour that is specific, well-defined, or rigid - instead of being neutral and open ended - is unrealistic and potentially damaging."


I think that this quote applies to this strategy since we are not assuming that the stocks that are selected will rise. We, of course, know that they have a high probability of rising, since trends usually continue trending, but we remain open to the fact that they can fall. This is why we always protect ourselves with stops below the 50 day moving average.

No comments: